About the Position
The Development Director will work in partnership with the Executive Director, the Chief of Staff, and other members of the executive team to increase and mobilize resources to support the mission and vision of TJC. The Development Director will create and execute an annual development strategy to increase support from individual donors, corporate partners, and foundations while also identifying new opportunities for growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a pipeline of new funders to support the organization’s initiatives
- Oversee solicitation and stewardship of donors, including securing, preparing for, and proactively following up on donor cultivation meetings, proposals, and reports
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop and execute strategy to nurture and grow the base of individual donors, including increasing touchpoints and exploring a planned giving program
- Collaborate with the Chief of Staff to create regular reporting and updates supporting development efforts
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with TJC key organizational stakeholders
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff and Operations Manager to build and improve systems for organizing and utilizing all information about past, current, and prospective donors via Salesforce dashboards and reports
- A passion for and demonstrated commitment to TJC’s mission
- 5+ years experience in a senior level development role, ideally as development director
- Track record of successfully planning and executing development strategies that secure support from individual donors, corporations, and foundations
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically while also being able to execute tactical tasks
- Highly organized, capable of balancing and prioritizing concurrent projects and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A strong communicator with excellent writing abilities, with emphasis on clear and compelling appeals, proposals, and email requests
- A natural team player who enjoys supporting and collaborating with colleagues
- Requires some travel and willingness to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary
- Ours is a virtual workspace and requires comfort working in that environment;
- Knowledge of and experience working with using Salesforce as donor database
This full-time position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, distributed team, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and the option of participating in pre-tax health and transit benefit program and/or a voluntary 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
TJC, as a project of Tides Advocacy, is an equal opportunity employer. True to our mission and values, a commitment to diversity and inclusion drives our work. We strongly encourage and seek applications of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where staff contributions are valued and celebrated, and where our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Please send cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Position” in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications immediately.