About the Position
This is not an entry-level assistant position. You must have at least 2 years’ experience working as an executive assistant. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will be expected to manage organizational, administrative, and logistical details, including scheduling for organizational matters, monitoring calls/meetings and taking notes to be distributed afterward, crafting emails, creating presentations, liaising with funders, consultants, and other business contacts, and generally helping with operational and fundraising matters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help to maintain ED’s daily calendar, arrange calls, meetings, and conferences while making sure all details are handled in a clear and organized manner
- Book all travel arrangements, including lodging, transportation and activities, primarily within the U.S.
- Assist with monitoring of inbox and emails, including responding to clients, other contractors and business contacts
- Research and be the point person for various projects
- Draft and edit documents, including sensitive organizational leadership/external partner documents
- Support fundraising research, outreach, and grant writing
- Meetings management: RSVP tracking, ordering food and beverage, working with onsite contacts to ensure seamless execution
- Miscellaneous items: restaurant research and reservations, assist in tracking down travel receipts, joining calls to take notes, social media support
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order and in the correct manner
- High-level experience with Google Apps, Mail Chimp, Social media, Microsoft Word Suite and similar applications
- Good judgment and ability to work in an environment where you need to be comfortable making some assumptions about what to do, how to do it, and when to do it regularly
- Capability to set up new systems and processes in order to streamline business and personal functions and ability to give feedback when systems, processes, or other matters are not being handled effectively by one of us
- Impeccable written communication skills
Education & Experience
- At least 2+ years of experience as an EA for an organization
- Exceptional ability to communicate progress on multiple projects
- Highly organized and efficient
- Trustworthy with strong personal integrity.
- Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances and situations to head off any crisis situations
- Experience managing calendars
- Incredible communication via email and phone, internally and with clients
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and help a principal prioritize tasks
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight but communicate progress regularly.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, distributed team, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and the option of participating in pre-tax health and transit benefit program and/or a voluntary 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
TJC, as a project of Tides Advocacy, is an equal opportunity employer. True to our mission and values, a commitment to diversity and inclusion drives our work. We strongly encourage and seek applications of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where staff contributions are valued and celebrated, and where our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications immediately.